Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Views on " Project $10"... Part 1.

As someone who's lost money--enough to be at the complete bottom of the food chain--I know what it feels like to be desperate for funds to live on, but SOMETIMES, I've got to realize I'm not the only one in these shoes...

EA, Sony and other companies have felt that they should stop the bleeding of their finances at the hands the used game market by getting a cut of that revenue, but it has shown to be too steep.

When you buy a game used, and that game has online components, you are needed to pay for a voucher pass to be able to play the online portion. The PROBLEM is that these passes cost as high as F-I-F-T-E-E-N D-O-L-L-A-R-S!!! $15, PLUS TAX DEPENDING WHERE YOU'RE AT!!!

Now I'm all for developers making money so they can create more games, but $15 for a "portion" of a game? That's the price of a full game on PSN, XBL, Steam etc., there ARE other peoples ' mouths to feed, you know...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment